TUSD meeting for budget discussion today | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- Today the TUSD Governing Board is having their meeting.
Choosing a plan to bridge a possible $17 million budget deficit remains on the table. As you may remember TUSD has been holding open houses since August. At these public meetings the district has presented different scenarios to their budget problem.
Each scenario involves closing down schools, making cuts to administration and other services. Over 5,000 responses have poured in from the community through these meetings and online surveys.
District officials say scenario three has been the most picked; this scenario includes the highest cuts and closures of schools.
District spokeswoman Cara Rene says tough decisions have to be made and hopes the board will approve a plan today. If the board does this they could present a list of possible schools closing down later today.
Copyright 2012 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near The Foothills-Mt. Lemmon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Long time Winterhaven family hosting free concert for festival goers
- Mark Kelly named Director of Flight Crew Operations for World View Enterprises’
- TUSD vote unanimous, Wrightstown sold to private developer
- Two U of A College of Medicine – Phoenix faculty named Fellows of the National Academy of Inventors
- Team Up For Tucson holding annual toy drive & car show this weekend
- Back To Supersonica, makes its debut at the Pima Air & Space Museum
- Oro Valley’s “Drop & Shop” event lets parents finish holiday shopping
- OV public outreach kicks into high gear, community invited to special events
- Oro Valley seeks to fill Conceptual Design Review Board vacancies
- Oro Valley’s Winter Parks & Recreation Guide now available