Injured hiker rescued from Finger Rock Trail | News
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now)- A Pima County search and rescue unit rescued an injured hiker from the Finger Rock Trail on Sunday.
According to a news release from the Pima County Sheriff's Department, an 18-year-old man had fractured his ankle while hiking with his family.
Emergency medical technicians with the unit treated the man and carried him to safety on a Stokes Basket rescue stretcher.
Volunteers from Southern Arizona Rescue Association assisted in the rescue.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near The Foothills-Mt. Lemmon
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician 3rd Class Jeremy Reitz, Tucson native on board the USS Boxer
- Holiday greeting from Spc. James Devlin
- Pfc. Paul Longale, Tucson native participates in arctic training
- Holiday greeting from Sr. Airman Travis House
- Arizona soldiers, airmen compete in 'Minute to Win It' game