County, city keeping track of road conditions due to winter weather | Weather
The Pima County Road hotline advises drivers to use caution on roadways, as there are a few icy patches out there.
One of the first roads that could close today is Mt. Lemmon Highway, when the snow starts to fall.
The mountain is expected to be hit with a winter storm in the next 24 hours.
It isn't just here that road conditions are being monitored. City and county crews are keeping an eye out on all roads across the city, especially bridges. They could be spraying down those bridges as Southern Arizona hits those freezing temperatures.
If it turns to slush on the roads, city and county officials could use sand instead.
Tucson News Now will be tracking the winter storm closely.
To stay up to date on weather, download the weather app for late breaking updates straight to your phone.
Copyright 2013 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
Top The Foothills-Mt. Lemmon Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Thousands of TUSD high school students prepare to graduate
- Arizona falls short in new study on drownings and pool safety
- Pima County Health Department restarts TB testing today
- TPD still searching for suspect in east side convenience store stabbing
- 'All clear' given on possible hazmat situation at Cherrybell post office